Frequently Asked Questions > DNA Tests
DNA Paternity / Maternity Testing
- DNA paternity testing is very accurate and yields results that indicate a probability of paternity greater than 99% (inclusion) or 0% (exclusion).
- For paternity and maternity tests, we will provide a detailed and comprehensive report within 5-7 business days after our lab partner receives the DNA samples.
- DNA paternity and maternity testing results are often required or are useful in the following siutations:
- Obtaining child support
- Gaining visitation rights or child custody
- Providing family relationships for immigration cases
- Having peace of mind from knowing the true father or mother
- Establishing eligibility for Social Security or military benefits
- Protecting one's estate from illegitimate claims
- Providing Native American ancestry for tribal rights
- Confirming biological relationship between an adoptive child and birth parents or other possible relations
- Resolving adoption disputes